Cabin beds are a great way to save space, and they can be great fun for children. Most cabin beds come with additional storage and functionality, meaning they can be used in a number of different. They often come in many styles and are especially appropriate for teenagers who need a study area.
So, what are some more benefits of a cabin bed?
- They provide extra space for storage underneath the bed.
- They can be used as study areas.
- They can be used as a play area, that can be neatly kept at one side of the room.
- You can fit a futon or small single bed underneath the cabin bed if guests were to come and stay.
- Parents will find it easier to manage messy rooms.
- They are great for young children right up until they are teenagers.
- They don’t just have to be for kids! If you’re an adult who has limited bedroom space, a cabin bed could be the way forward to ensure you are still able to fit other things in your room such as a desk, chair, chest of drawers, and wardrobe.
- Cabin beds are sturdy and make for durable beds, which could last up to 10 years if cared for.
- Cabin beds have plenty of safety features to ensure children are protected.
- Due to its storage capabilities and longevity, a cabin bed is very economical.
- Cabin beds are unique, and kids are sure to feel extra cool with one when their friends come over.
Price – It’s safe to say that furniture is always considered an investment. A good quality cabin bed might seem like it is more expensive than a single bed, but this is because it has extra features such as a storage area, a play area, a study area, or space to have an extra bed, futon or blow-up bed.
Assembly – Cabin beds can be slightly trickier to assemble, therefore we highly recommend following the instructions step by step to ensure no mistakes. As cabin beds are higher off the ground, its important to make sure that every moving part is screwed in correctly, doing this will ensure your little ones will be able to sleep safe and sound.
Trend – It’s important to recognise that although your child might have his heart set of a particular bed with a crazy theme, their style might change very quickly, so considering what theme bed they get is important. We suggest going for a classic cabin bed that will last them well into their teenage years, and they can personalise it by using their favourite bed linen and soft furnishings.
Choosing a cabin bed for your child
Cabin beds are a great option for children of all ages, and there are many different styles and functionalities they can be used for. But what type of cabin bed should you choose for you child? This will depend on their age and what time of their life they are going through.
Toddler – For toddlers, it might be best to get a cabin bed that has a play area underneath. In this play are you can add in a playmat, slides, tunnels, and anything else that helps with their child’s development.
School-age child – For children who need a mix of play and serious study time, a cabin bed is ideal for children of this age, you could fit a desk fit for a play station or for a computer. So, it’s the best of both worlds!
Older teenagers – Older children will be more interested in mid sleepers because of the storage space they can provide them. They might not want a cabin bed with a crazy style, but they will appreciate how having plenty of drawers and shelving will benefit them.
Custom size cabin beds
No matter what type of bed or mattress you buy, Bed Guru can customise the bed, so it is fit for individuals who need a specific length, or so it fits into a unique, perhaps smaller space.
If you want advice on what cabin bed could be best for your child, or even for you, then get in touch with us at Bed Guru and we’ll be happy to help!